Siblings: Captain Gilbert Mair
Works by this Author in other Collections
- Notes on a Disease among Sheep in the Waikato District., in Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Art. VI.—On the Disappearance of the Moa., in Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Art. XLV.—Notes on the Eruption of Tarawera Mountain and Rotomahana, 10th June, 1886, as seen from Taheke, Lake Rotoiti., in Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
- On a Remarkable Instance of Refraction of the Hakarimata and Taupiri Ranges., in Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of New Zealand
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Major William Gilbert Mair as: "Major William Gilbert Mair". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Major William Gilbert Mair":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.