Musicologist, editor, and author. Formerly Research Fellow, Stout Research Centre, Victoria University of Wellington.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Rosina Buckman’s press-cuttings and the first complete performance of Elgar’s The Spirit of England in Kōtare 1999, Volume Two, Number One
- The Gods Descend: The Story of a Sea-Side Store Keeper and his Unusual Fate in Hilltop: A Literary Paper. Volume 1 Number 1
- Other Voices Other Rooms by Truman Capote [book review] in Hilltop: A Literary Paper. Volume 1 Number 1
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for John Mansfield Thomson as: "John Mansfield Thomson". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "John Mansfield Thomson":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.