Teacher, botanist, scientific administrator, writer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- A Note on Lichens with a Key to the Commoner New Zealand Genera in Tuatara: Volume 1, Issue 3, September 1948
- New Zealand Lichens: — A Key to the Family Umbilicariaceae in Tuatara: Volume 4, Issue 2, December 1951
- A Note on the Crustaceous Lichens of New Zealand. in Tuatara: Volume 2, Issue 1, March 1949
- Review: Flora of New Zealand, Volume I in Tuatara: Volume 10, Issue 1, April 1962
- A Key to the Stictaceae of New Zealand in Tuatara: Volume 2, Issue 2, July 1949
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Harry Howard Barton Allan as: "Harry Howard Barton Allan". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Harry Howard Barton Allan":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.