Public administrator, runholder, politician.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- [Map of North Island, New Zealand, attributed work of Francis Dillon Bell] in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- Reasons for Promoting the Cultivation of the New Zealand Flax in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 63
- The public debt of Australasia: a paper read before the Royal Colonial Institute, 21st November 1882 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 53
- Notes on Sir William Martin’s Pamphlet Entitled the Taranaki Question
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Sir Francis Dillon Bell as: "Sir Francis Dillon Bell". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Sir Francis Dillon Bell":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.