Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1904.

[Nos. 789, 790, and 819, 1904.—Petitions of F. C. Jones and 263 Others, of Otaki, Nopera Manupiri and 48 Others, and Tatana Whataupoko and 124 Others.]

Nos. 789, 790, and 819, 1904.—Petitions of F. C. Jones and 263 Others, of Otaki, Nopera Manupiri and 48 Others, and Tatana Whataupoko and 124 Others.

Petitioners pray that a Royal Commission may be set up to inquire into the Porirua and other Native school trusts, with a view to legislation being passed to deal with the same.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that these petitions should be referred to the Government for inquiry.

26th October, 1904.

[Translation.]
Nos. 789, 790, me 819, 1904.—Pitihana a F. C. Jones me etahi atu e rua rau e ono tekau ma toru, o Otaki, Nopera Manupiri me etahi atu e wha tekau ma waru, me Tatana Whataupoko me etahi atu kotahi rau e rua tekau ma wha.

E Inoi ana kia whakaturia he Roiara Komihana hei uiui i te ahuatanga o Porirua me era atu whenua Rahui Kura Maori i runga i te mahara kia paahitia he ture hei whakaoti i aua mea.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tuku atu enei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia.

26 o Oketopa, 1904.