Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1905.

[No. 155, 1905.—Petition of Haora Tareranui and Others.]

No. 155, 1905.—Petition of Haora Tareranui and Others.

Petitioners allege that when the Moehau Block was ceded to the Crown it was agreed that they should have a reserve of 1,856 acres set aside for them; they now find that this reserve (Moehau No. 1g, or Waiaro) contains 500 acres short of the area agreed upon; they pray for restitution.

I am directed to report that the Committee, in addition to its report of 1901 on a similar petition (see I.–3, 1901, page 11), recommends that the Government should make immediate inquiry into this case.

22nd August, 1905.
page 10

[Translation.]
No. 155, 1905 —Pitihana a Haora Tareranui ratou ko etahi atu.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana i te wa i tukua ai a Moehau Poraka ki te Karauna, i whakaaetia me wehe tetahi rahui mo ratou kia 1,856 nga eka; engari, i naianei, kua kitea e ratou e 500 nga eka Kua ngaro o taua rahui (Moehau No. 1g, tetahi o nga ingoa ko Waiaro), ara, o nga eka i whakaaetia ma ratou, a e inoi ana ratou kia whakahokia atu aua eka kua ngaro nei.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti, hei apiti atu ki te ripoata o te tau 1901 mo tetahi pitihana penei ano te ahua (Tirohia I.–3, 1901, wharangi 11), me tere tonu te uiui a te Kawanatanga i tenei keehi.

22 o Akuhata, 1905.