Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of Ebenezer Baker.I, Ebenezer Baker, of Wellington, in the Province of Wellington and Colony of New Zealand, Licensed Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare that, previous to the execution of the within-written Deed by Henare Pumipi te Ranginui, the vendor therein described, the said Deed was interpreted and translated by me to him, and that my interpretation and translation was correct and was understood by the said Henare Pumipi te Ranginui. That the said Henare Pumipi te Ranginui signed and executed the said Deed in my presence and in the presence of Charles Frederick Gawith. That the said Charles Frederick Gawith is a male adult; and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Native Lands Act, 1865," and "1867," and "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Eb. Baker.

Declared at Wellington, in the Province of Wellington, the twelfth day of August, 1873. Before me— James Booth, J.P.

Governor's assent.In pursuance and exercise of the power and authority vested in me by "The Native Lands Act, 1867," I, Sir James Fergusson, Baronet, the Governor of the Colony of New Zealand, do hereby, with the advice and consent of the Executive Council of the said Colony, consent that the land and hereditaments in the within-written Deed proposed to be Conveyed by the within-named Henare Pumipi te Ranginui may be conveyed by the within-named Henare Pumipi te Ranginui to the within-named William Fitzherbert, Superintendent of the Province of Wellington, in the manner therein mentioned.

Given under my hand at Government House at Wellington, this sixth day of August, one thousand eight hundred and seventy three.

James Fergusson,
Governor.

Approved in Council.
Forster Goring,
Clerk of the Executive Council.

page 115

I, Charles Heaphy, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands FraudsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Wellington, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

Dated this 6th day of Septr., 1873.

Charles Heaphy,
Trust Commr.