Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

Native Lands Acts, 1865 and 1869. — Totara No. 3 Block, District of Manawatu, Province of Wellington

Native Lands Acts, 1865 and 1869.
Totara No. 3 Block, District of Manawatu, Province of Wellington.

At a sitting of the Native Land Court of New Zealand, held at Waikanae in theCertificate of title ordered. said District on the 9th day of May, 1873, before John Rogan, Esquire, Judge, and Hemi Tautari, Hare Wirikake and Mitai Penetaui Assessors, It was ordered that
Fees charged:
 Hearing£1
 Certificate1
 Crown grant1
£3
a Certificate of the Title of Hoani Tipua Aboriginal Native to a Parcel, of Land at Manawatu in the District aforesaid, containing by estimation 347 acres and known by the name of Totara No. 3 be made and issued to the Governor when the said party shall furnish a proper survey thereof and that whenever the said land is granted by the Crown the legal estate thereon shall be made to vest in the grantees on the 9th day of May, 1873.

Witness the hand of John Rogan, Esquire, Judge, and the Seal of the Court, the 9th day of May, 1873.

(Sd.) J. Rogan,
Judge.

I, Charles Heaphy, Esq., V.C., the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Wellington, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the enquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries. Dated this 30th day of September, 1876.

Charles Heaphy,
Trust Commissioner.

No. 25,512.
Received 12 noon Friday, 27th October, 1876.Registration.

John E. Smith, Registrar of Deeds.

(l.s.)
Recorded 41 D 749.
Index 28 vol., fo. 210.
Fees, 18/.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Judge's Order, Commissioner's Certificate, and Registration.

Wellington, 31st July, 1877.

H. Hanson Turton.