Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two

[untitled]

Declaration of J. C. Young. I, John Charles Young, of Wanganui, in the Province of Wellington, a Licensed Native Interpreter, do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1. That I did interpret in the Maori language the within-written Deed to all the Native parties thereto previous to their respective execution thereof, and that my translation was correct, and that the said Natives understood the import and meaning of the said Deed.
2. That the said Deed was executed by the said Natives on the day it bears date, being the eighteenth day of July, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-three, in the presence of me this declarant, and of Donald Hugh Monro, of Wanganui aforesaid, Surveyor, a male adult.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Justice of Peace Act, 1866."

John C. Young.

Declared at Wanganui aforesaid, this Twentieth day of July, 1873. Before me—

Chas. H. Borlase,

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I, Charles Heaphy, V.C., the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Land Fraud Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Wellington, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the enquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries.

Charles Heaphy,
Trust Commissioner.
No. 22,189.

Dated this 19th day of August, 1875. Registration. Received 12.30 p.m. Wednesday, 8th September, 1875.

John E. Smith,
Registrar of Deeds.

Recorded 33 Vol. Deeds, f. 810.
Index 28 Vol., f. 167.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Declaration, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 1st August, 1877.